Life Coach Program
For more than 35 years, Shawn has been an integral part of the coaching industry. Her passion for the profession has led her to co-create the Professional Life Coaching Certification (PLCC) program at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, where she serves as an instructor.
The UW-Madison Professional Life Coaching Certification program is the only academic program of its kind in the Midwest! The program delivers on both the art and science of Life Coaching, combining many highly researched disciplines with experiential learning.
Students will recieve training in:
- Emotional intelligence
- Positive psychology
- Ontological coaching
- Use of self
- Evidence-based coaching
- Neuroscience of coaching
- Relationship intelligence
- Organization development and appreciative inquiry
And much more! The PLCC is a 9-month program that combines a variety of different learning modalities in a cohort format. This means that you will stay with the same group of students for the 9 month period.
For detailed information on the University of Wisconsin PLCC program, click here.
Here’s what students say about Shawn as an Instructor
- Very intuitive indeed. She comments in a very thoughtfull way and is an excellent communicator.
- Shawn’s added perspective, stories, and thoughts provide just as much, if not more sometimes, learning than any other part of the class.
- Really appreciate Shawn’s nuggets-they are so wise and timely. Very engaging. And your quiet centering has a positive impact.
- I really appreciate having two coaches, Shawn and Darcy, present in the room. It really helps to model different styles and perspectives on the activities, skills and materials. We have the added bonus of getting both of your expertise and sharing of real-life examples.
- I appreciate Shawn’s very alternative style to Darcy. You two are magic!
- Shawn’s added perspective is much appreciated and needed, so that we see that different coaches do things differently. Shawn is very knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and is transparent about what she does as a coach.
- Shawn’s style is different than Darcy’s and together they make a dynamic duo! Shawn ‘sees’ what is happening in the room and is very thoughtful with her approach in helping us to be aware of our questions and body language in coaching. Darcy and Shawn work really well together and we need both for the size of the class.
- Shawn is very knowledgeable, very approachable and has great energy. Also, great insights!
- Shawn was so available and present.
- Always supportive and encouraging.
- Excellent job, was nice to hear her perspective
- I think Shawn and Darcy balance each other so well! I very much appreciate Shawn’s knowledge, passion, authenticity, vulnerability, humor, compassion, and am glad that her energy is different than Darcy’s. As I said above the balance is great
- Great compliment to Darcy! Appreciate your insights and perspectives.
- I had the benefit and gift of time with Shawn and Shawn made some great observations that I am going to look inward at.
- Shawn has been so open and playful in this module. Very cool to see another side of her personality.